Re: Debian with HiDPI / 4K displays

On Sun, Aug 9, 2015, at 16:28, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> Thanks for all this feedback
>
> Looking through the feedback and comments elsewhere,
>
> a) most people are using some manual configuration to deal with this
>
> b) it needs to be tweaked in more than one place (e.g. xrdb + Iceweasel
> + other places)

Try Debian stretch - it mostly works out of the box with GNOME 3.16
without tweaking anything. I am running on:

  dimensions:    3200x1800 pixels (846x476 millimeters)

with internal display and simple FullHD on external and the only thing
that needs restarts between switches are browsers (both Firefox and
Chromium), the rest of the GNOME switches automatically based on the
plugged-in monitor.

O.
--
Ondřej Surý <ondrej@sury.org>