Re: Bits from the Wanna Build team

Hi Mehdi,

On Fri, Aug 21, 2015 at 01:12:12PM +0200, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> Auto-building arch:all packages
> ===============================

> We have worked on getting arch:all packages buildable on our
> autobuilders. We've got a few patches [2,3] added to make that
> happen. Architecture independent packages (arch:all) are now
> auto-built on dedicated amd64 builders. We tested our changes as much
> as we were able to and enabled arch:all uploads for Sid and
> Experimental. If your auto-built arch:all package doesn't make it
> through to ftp-master's archive, please do contact us [4] so that we
> can have a look and get it fixed quickly.

> Before rushing on uploading source-only packages, please do test your
> packages by building, installing and testing them locally in order to
> minimize build failures and avoid blocking ongoing transitions. Note
> that the arch:all buildds use the "build-indep" target in debian/rules
> which probably hasn't seen wide testing yet.

> [2] https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/buildd-tools/sbuild.git/log/
> [3] https://buildd.debian.org/git/wanna-build.git/
> [4] https://lists.debian.org/debian-wb-team/

This is all great news!

If I'm not mistaken, the last feature that needs to be implemented in
wanna-build for us to be able to drop all maintainer-uploaded binaries, and
only ship binaries built on the buildds, is build architecture affinity for
architecture: all packages.  What's the outlook on this happening?