Re: Mozilla Firefox DoH to CloudFlare by default (for US users)?

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 07:56:48PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 08:24:03 +0200, Ondřej Surý wrote:
>
> > > On 9 Sep 2019, at 15:31, Bjørn Mork <bjorn@mork.no> wrote:
> > >
> > > I for one, do trust my ISPs a lot more than I trust Cloudflare or
> > > Google, simply based on the jurisdiction.
> >
> > While I still strongly agree with you on this one (even though I think all
> > major ISPs here are scumbags, especially the incumbent), I still strongly
> > think we should not have this debate here, and we should turn this around
> > the usual Debian policy - to not send data to 3rd party without explicit user
> > content and defaulting to not doing so.
> >
> How is this worse than what we're already doing by default, namely
> sending the same data to whoever happens to be on the network, in
> addition to whoever happened to be listed in an unauthenticated dhcp
> response?  (Which, if you're lucky, is your ISP, aka a 3rd party.)

The major difference is that third party is someone you've got a
contractual relation with.

If you're talking to CloudFlare, you don't. Good luck calling CloudFlare
support when something goes wrong.

--
To the thief who stole my anti-depressants: I hope you're happy

  -- seen somewhere on the Internet on a photo of a billboard