Re: automated CI on salsa to prepare MR for new upstream version

Hi Yaroslav,

On Wed, Jan 25, 2023 at 10:05:03AM -0500, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> I just wanted to say Thank you for all the pointers!  Overall, janitor
> looks great and the most advanced and seems already covering various
> aspects but might be a bit "too big to tune for our own use-case", so we
> might indeed pick up on ideas/implementations... we will see.

The janitor runs the "deb-new-upstream" command under the hood to make the
actual changes. You should be able to run that from e.g. CI. It tries to
do the right thing as much as possible without flags, but I'm happy to
add flags to allow tweaking its behaviour.

Alternatively, if the package is in Debian you could simply merge
the changes the Janitor has already published at a predictable
location (https://janitor.debian.net/git/<source-pkg> -b fresh-releases)

Cheers,

Jelmer