Re: DEP 17: Improve support for directory aliasing in dpkg

On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 10:58:46AM +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> My gut feeling is that we are wasting prescious time of numerous
> skilled Debian Developers to find ugly workarounds to something that
> should be done in dpkg, but isnt being done because one dpkg
> maintainer has decided to not go the way the project has decided to
> go.

fwiw, I largely agree with this.

Constitution 2.1.1 is great, however we don't really have a mechanism how to
deal with people flat out ignoring Constitution 6 aka the tech-ctte and doubting
and activly working against it's decisions.

--
cheers,
	Holger

 ⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
 ⣾⠁⢠⠒⠀⣿⡁  holger@(debian|reproducible-builds|layer-acht).org
 ⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀  OpenPGP: B8BF54137B09D35CF026FE9D 091AB856069AAA1C
 ⠈⠳⣄

It ain't no revolution, just because you can dance to it.