Re: /usr-move: Do we support upgrades without apt?

Hi,

On 21.12.23 23:31, Marc Haber wrote:

Do those GUI frontends that work via packagekit or other frameworks
count as "using apt"? I now that WE recommend using apt in a text
console outside of X, but even many of our own users do what their
Desktop Environment does, and our downstreams like *b*nt* recommend
other ways to upgrade as well.

Oof, which reminds me: if you run nVidia closed source drivers, there is a good chance that dist-upgrade will kill your X server and send SIGHUP to apt and dpkg, leaving you in "you need to run 'dpkg --configure --all'" state.

If that happens, you get another resolver run on a partially upgraded system.

   Simon