Re: 64-bit time_t: updated archive analysis, proposed transition plan with timeline

On Fri, Jan 05, 2024 at 06:59:20PM +0100, Sebastian Ramacher wrote:

> > > Why do the need sourceful NMUs if they just need to be rebuilt?

> > Sorry, if the original message hadn't been lost somewhere in the mail
> > system before being delivered to debian-devel (I've now tried to resend it),
> > this might have been clearer from context.  Guillem points out the mail has
> > been delivered to debian-release, so you can read the whole thing there:

> >   https://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2024/01/msg00033.html

> > Anyway, this is the list of source packages containing libraries whose ABI
> > will change.  So the packages need to be renamed in order to expose the ABI
> > incompatibility to reverse-dependencies.

> I am confused. Above you say:

> > these in turn have 174 additional
> > reverse-dependencies that would need rebuilt (list attached).

> This sounds to me like those are packages that are involved in the
> transition and need rebuilds, but do not change their ABI. And in fact,
> for most of packages that I maintain on the list, the ABI does not
> change.

> Can you please clarify which of the packages in your lists require
> changes to the binary package names and which do not?

Sorry for the confusion.  The two lists requiring binary package name
changes are the attachments named 'source-packages' and
'lfs-and-depends-time_t'.  This is what I fed into dd-list, and encompass
1248 source packages (1195 + 53).

Ubuntu Developer                                   https://www.debian.org/