Re: MBF: Switching Build-Depends from systemd/udev to systemd-dev

Am 04.01.24 um 18:57 schrieb Michael Biebl:
Hi fellow DDs,

due to popular request, the pkg-config files systemd.pc and udev.pc have been split into a separate arch:all package named systemd-dev. A lot of packages Build-Depend on systemd and/or udev to get the paths such as systemd_system_unit_dir or udev_dir for installation of upstream provided service files or udev rules.

To ease the transition to this new systemd-dev package, the systemd and udev package currently have a Depends on systemd-dev to not cause any unnecessary build failures.
We would like to get rid of this dependency though in time for trixie.
Thus this MBF.

Given that this has been rather quiet, I'd proceed with filing the bug reports the upcoming weekend.

Regards,
Michael