Re: Debtags: understanding the heuristics of "Checks and hints" in the online editor

Quoting Paul Wise (2024-01-20 07:32:14)
> On Fri, 2024-01-19 at 18:24 +0100, André Maroneze wrote:
>
> > I want to use debtags metadata for a research project
>
> The debtags service is planned to be shutdown and the data no longer
> published, as there is no-one in Debian who wants to maintain it.
>
> https://lists.debian.org/msgid-search/20231126160111.7nr56b7oje6uwpv2@enricozini.org
>
> > I started contributing, by adding and removing some tags using the
> > online tag editor, but the "Checks and hints" part seems wrong to me
> > in several cases.
>
> Sounds like there may be bugs that need fixing, but first there would
> need to be a new maintainer who could take over the project. If you
> were willing to be the primary code maintainer, perhaps you could find
> some Debian member willing to be the service maintainers and review and
> deploy all of the changes you could make, at least until you become a
> Debian member on the basis of your debtags and other contributions.

I am (very) willing to act as service maintainer.

I have interest myself in continued use of debtags, but don't have C++
coding skills needed to work intimately on the programming parts of the
project.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones