Re: Debtags: understanding the heuristics of "Checks and hints" in the online editor

On Sat, 2024-01-20 at 09:40 +0100, Jonas Smedegaard wrote:

> I am (very) willing to act as service maintainer.

Please get in touch with the debtags team about this.

https://wiki.debian.org/Teams/DebTags
https://salsa.debian.org/groups/debtags-team/-/group_members

> I have interest myself in continued use of debtags, but don't have C++
> coding skills needed to work intimately on the programming parts of the
> project.

It does not seem to use C++, just Python/Shell/HTML/CSS/JavaScript:

https://salsa.debian.org/debtags-team/debtagsd/-/graphs/master/charts
https://salsa.debian.org/debtags-team/debtags-vocabulary/-/graphs/master/charts
https://salsa.debian.org/debtags-team/debtags-tagdb/-/graphs/master/charts
https://salsa.debian.org/debtags-team/debtags-tools/-/graphs/master/charts

You may be thinking of libept, which got adopted by the apt team.

In case you want collaborators, 5 people forked debtags git repos:

https://salsa.debian.org/search?search=debtag

Additionally apt-xapian-index needs a maintainer and the debtags
package needs to be updated from the debtags-tools git repository.

Some of the debtags related wiki pages may need to be updated:

https://wiki.debian.org/?action=fullsearch&context=180&value=debtag&titlesearch=Titles

--
bye,
pabs