Re: icc-profiles_2.2_source.changes REJECTED

On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 5:58 PM Bastien Roucariès <rouca@debian.org> wrote:
> Le vendredi 3 mars 2023, 22:35:24 UTC Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
> > Quoting Bastien Roucariès (2023-03-03 22:21:49)
> > > Le lundi 27 février 2023, 12:11:27 UTC Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
> > > Hi jonas,
> > >
> > > I have just checked the source code of lintian. Could you double check your package and create a simple test case ?
> > >
> > > According to:
> > > https://salsa.debian.org/lintian/lintian/-/blob/master/lib/Lintian/Check/Files/NonFree.pm#L91
> > > The test should not raise
> >
> > Sorry, I don't understand what you ask me to do.
> >
> > In case it was unclear from my previous posts: The rejection messages I
> > shared was not from a lintian check done locally by me, but a rejection
> > message I received from ftpmaster.
> >
> > Locally I did not experience the same messages.  Are you asking me to
> > test again that I (again) do not experience the kind of messages that
> > ftpmasters for some reason unknown to me trigger?
>
> Yes could you double check ?
>
> If you do not experience the kind of messages with locally installed lintian, it means that lintian need to be backported and that ftpmaster should install a backport version.

I am still getting the LIntian autoreject for thawab for
license-problem-md5sum-non-free. It is especially annoying that
current Lintian does not emit this error or even a warning because it
knows that thawab is in non-free.

This is blocking me from being able to fix a RC bug in thawab unless I
repack the tarball which seems like a lot of work for a package that
is in non-free and a version that is **already in the archives**.

I originally tried to fix this RC bug a year ago but my upload
was auto-rejected then and I forgot to mark this issue for followup.
It was an early enough upload that thawab could have landed in Debian
12.

https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-islamic-maintainers/2023-January/004920.html

Thank you,
Jeremy Bícha