Re: icc-profiles_2.2_source.changes REJECTED

Quoting Jeremy Bícha (2024-01-25 02:50:07)
> On Fri, Mar 3, 2023 at 5:58 PM Bastien Roucariès <rouca@debian.org> wrote:
> > Le vendredi 3 mars 2023, 22:35:24 UTC Jonas Smedegaard a écrit :
> > > Quoting Bastien Roucariès (2023-03-03 22:21:49)

> > > Sorry, I don't understand what you ask me to do.
> > >
> > > In case it was unclear from my previous posts: The rejection messages I
> > > shared was not from a lintian check done locally by me, but a rejection
> > > message I received from ftpmaster.
> > >
> > > Locally I did not experience the same messages.  Are you asking me to
> > > test again that I (again) do not experience the kind of messages that
> > > ftpmasters for some reason unknown to me trigger?
> >
> > Yes could you double check ?
> >
> > If you do not experience the kind of messages with locally installed lintian, it means that lintian need to be backported and that ftpmaster should install a backport version.
>
> I am still getting the LIntian autoreject for thawab for
> license-problem-md5sum-non-free. It is especially annoying that
> current Lintian does not emit this error or even a warning because it
> knows that thawab is in non-free.
>
> This is blocking me from being able to fix a RC bug in thawab unless I
> repack the tarball which seems like a lot of work for a package that
> is in non-free and a version that is **already in the archives**.
>
> I originally tried to fix this RC bug a year ago but my upload
> was auto-rejected then and I forgot to mark this issue for followup.
> It was an early enough upload that thawab could have landed in Debian
> 12.
>
> https://alioth-lists.debian.net/pipermail/debian-islamic-maintainers/2023-January/004920.html

For the record I have not heard from ftpmasters on this issues, and I
know only what is in this public mailinglist thread.

Obviously I would be happy to be able to maintain the package that I am
listed as maintainer of.  And if that for some reason is unreasonable of
me to expect then I would appreciate an explanation why.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones