Re: finally end single-person maintainership

On Sat, Apr 13, 2024 at 10:08:07AM +0200, Andreas Tille wrote:
> > For example, any repository that does not list debian/files and
> > debian/*.substvars in the gitignore will fail to build twice in a row,
> > because these files are created and are subsequently untracked.
>
> Sorry, no.  We should teach people to build in a chroot which does
> not leave this stuff inside local debian/ dir.
I was afraid that's what "or we make people reliant on a magic tool to set
it up properly for them" means.
(technically, the way to not touch the workdir at all is gbp's
--export-dir, which *is* a magic mode of a magic tool in the world where
neither are parts of the default workflow but at the same time it's so
much better than not doing this)

--
WBR, wRAR