Re: what will be on the web

>>>>> "jr" == Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:
jr> Hi, My bandwidth to va finally got bearable so I checked all the
jr> documents in the DDP CVS tree. Here's my list of impressions.

I agree with most everything you say.

jr> Now, I have a few questions. Where is policy manual, packaging
jr> manual? Where is the tutorial? I see no reason why they shouldn't
jr> be in the CVS tree.

They are in seperate packages.  I don't know if the current
maintainers would want to use the DDP CVS area or not.  You'd have to
just email them and ask.  I know Debian policy already has it's own
area on cvs.debian.org.  As does 'tutorial'.

I would imagine the tutorial should move to ddp area; I doubt
debian-policy will since it really does stand alone in so many ways.

I always thought that we should be able to cope with the fact that
some documentation maintainers might not want to use the DDP cvs area.
For instance, the debiandoc-sgml stuff is maintained with
debiandoc-sgml sources by Ardo.  Still, we should be able to serve
that up and cope.  It's a tough issue, though (we might have to resort
to manual updating).

jr> And the-always-neccessary lamer question: who has write permission
jr> in the CVS and on which documents?

Anyone in group Debian on va, which is to say, any maintainer.

jr> BTW Oliver, Adam, I hope you don't mind me CC:ing you, I thought
jr> these things were important enough to raise your attention as the
jr> coordinators.

No problem.