Re: Doc languages

Unfortunately, what we need to do is press for the dpkg features that
we're going to need, since this may take a long time to actually
appear.  Someone needs to formulate this list and make sure the
debian-dpkg and the herring lists (new dpkg) are aware of our needs.

Possible set of new dpkg needs:

  * ability to filter files installed by path glob or regexp
    (i.e., don't install /usr/share/man/ja* or whatever)

  * ability to comprehend a new package state, "installed properly but
    some files removed" (do we need this?)

  * ability to reinstall "some files removed" pacakges when the
    file-system based removal scheme changes

Any other features?