Re: Review request: publicity microflyer

On Mon, 2023-06-05 at 15:59 +0100, James Addison wrote:

> I'd like to gather feedback on the wording and content of the flyer;

I would recommend replacing the specific number of packages in the
flyer with a more generic term like "many" or "thousands of" since this
represents a maintenance burden as the real number changes. Also, even
if you were to automate updating the number, the physical flyers will
get out of date with the number.

Similarly, the number of people contributing to Debian in 2023 is
currently estimated at less than 1000 and it was estimated as much less
than that in previous years. Probably the data isn't very accurate,
but I do think it is a good idea to avoid specific numbers as our
contribution levels fluctuate a fair bit. So I would drop "more than a
thousand" from it.

https://contributors.debian.org/

I suggest that the list of audiences we have software for be expanded
based on the list of Debian blends and include "other" as well. Perhaps
something like "software for businesses, programmers, scientists,
educators, artists, multimedia, gamers, children, medicine, ham radio,
politicians, home servers, accessibility and other uses".

https://www.debian.org/blends/

--
bye,
pabs