Re: Skeleton maintainer scripts (revised)

Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca> writes:
> What you should do is check out the CVS version, then copy over your
> changes and then check it back in to bring it up to the same level as the
> .deb - there is some way to do this with import but I've never had
> occasion to actually do it.

Should it also be tagged to make sure we have the state of all the
files indicated correctly for a particular release?  Again, I'm not
sure how you guys do it with that repository; I know I always tag any
project in CVS to indicate a release.  One could tell pretty easily:
'cvs status -v <some_file_in_the_repository>'.

Juan, if so, you can tag with 'cvs tag <tag_name>' on the top level of
the checked out module.  If you subsequently have to correct a file to
truely match the release, you have to do 'cvs tag -F <tag_name>'.