CVS

[I've fixed your email addy for the dpkg lists, it's lists.debian.org not
just debian.org]

On 23 Apr 1998, Klee Dienes wrote:

> I've got the CVS tree up through 1.4.0.22 locally and am merging in my
> changes now.  Would anyone object if I were to add myself to the CVS
> passwd file and check in my changes up through 1.4.1.4 onto the main

I highly doubt any one would. :> As the person who set it up, it is there
to be used - it has no benifit if nobody runs it.

> branch?  Some of them are potentially destabilizing so I'd imagine
> we'd want to branch off 1.4.0.22 for any continuing 'frozen'
> development.  (Unless I hear otherwise, I'll assume the answer is 'no'
> and go ahead and check in the changes tomorrow night).

If you can figure out how to make CVS do two branches then set it up and
please post a summary of how to operate it to the list, I don't think very
many people have done that particular task with CVS..

Also, FYI this list is archived, it's available on www.debian.org - you
might want to read the past archives for some interesting dicussion
between Juan and I, and a very important feature we need for slink+apt.

I also belive the list is open subscription.

Jason