Re: CVS

Martin Schulze writes ("Re: CVS"):
> In general: info cvs
> 	There's also a .ps document somewhere, my collegue has
> 	is printed last week, drop me a line if I need to find
> 	out the URL.

I'm familiar with CVS in general

> In particular: Jason answered how to access the dpkg tree
> (sorry, I forgot, how, something like CVSROOT=:pserver:iwj@va.debian.org:/var/cvs/dpkg")

Thanks, I think that's the information I'm looking for.

However,
(a) surely that should be  iwj@cvs.debian.org  ?
and
(b) will that use rsh or ssh or something else ?  Is there any crypto ?
and
(c) what if I'm on the wrong side of a real-money dialup ?

I see from /var/cvs/dpkg/CVSROOT/passwd on va that cespedes has what I
assume is checkin access.  Juan, is that true ?  Michael, did you add
this ?  I'm sorry to seem picky, but I think that all changes to dpkg
should be vetted by someone, and I'm not convinced that Juan should be
one of those someones.

I'm happy to vet changes to dpkg, and also to promise to respond
within a week unless I'm actually away.

Michael, can you arrange for me to have checkin access ?  Not that I
plan to use it for a bit.

Ian.