Status of #120152 (sdiff merge)?

Hi,

I'd like to know what's the status of #120152: "[CONFFILE] dpkg: Merge changes
to conffiles in with sdiff" -- i.e. why is it still open.

I've discussed this issue with sdiff maintainer and he agreed that once this
patch is applied to dpkg, both sdiff and imediff2 will provide "merge2"
alternative. Imediff2 does it already but whether I'll keep the alternative
registration in postinst or not depends on what happens to this dpkg patch.

- Jarno