Re: [Devel] printer accounting

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 01:44:41PM +0100, Ragnar Wisloff wrote:
> Michael Bramer skrev:
>
> >one question: have skolelinux any process with printer accounting?
> >
> The CUPS version that we use has no support for quotas built in, and
> there is no standalone solution for quotas.
>
> If you mean just accounting - counting the pages based on user, then
> there is a crude mechanism where CUPS prints a log to
> /var/log/cups/page.log. However, that file is all. You will have to
> parse it and make reports. Not a big job, but nobody has done it yet.

no, we need some solution with prepaid support.

I have a pstops cupsfilter, hat check a sql database and forward the job
only, if the user has paid for this job.

Maybe we can move the database to ldap in future.

> >I search with google and find 'only' some papers about this task. We
> >would like to use printer accounting in jan/feb 2004. Maybe we will
> >devel a own script for that.
> >

> Your work will be appreciated :-)

ok.

Gruss
Grisu
--
Michael Bramer  -- http://www.feuerwehr.kreuzau.de/wiki/
Bitte senden Sie mir keine Word- oder PowerPoint-Anhänge.