Re: [Devel] printer accounting

Michael Bramer skrev:

Hello

one question: have skolelinux any process with printer accounting?

The CUPS version that we use has no support for quotas built in, and there is no standalone solution for quotas.

If you mean just accounting - counting the pages based on user, then there is a crude mechanism where CUPS prints a log to /var/log/cups/page.log. However, that file is all. You will have to parse it and make reports. Not a big job, but nobody has done it yet.

I search with google and find 'only' some papers about this task. We
would like to use printer accounting in jan/feb 2004. Maybe we will
devel a own script for that.
Your work will be appreciated :-)

But I like to prevent extra work...
No danger yet ;-)