Re: How to test Debian Edu Jessie using the current ISO (recipe for workarounds)

[Frank Weißer]
> Hi Petter!
>
> Sorry for the long time, but i'm very seldom at home these days.

No worries.  Very pleased to have testers and glad to hear more about
your udev problem.  Please update bug #765577 to le me know if you are
seing the same problem I am seing, with duplicate entries in
/etc/udev/rules.d/70-presisten-net.rules.

>> This is the wrong approach.  Instead, edit
>> /etc/bind/named.conf.options and list the IP of your "upstream" DNS
>> resolver in the forwarders block.  This way you keep the internal DNS
>> names intact while also getting Internet connectivity.
>>
> done
>
> Thx and kind regards

I suspect we should write a script to update this file during first time
installation, if we have to use the DNS server used during installation
to get access to the Internet.  For example a test to see if the Google
DNS server 8.8.8.8 is accessable, or one of the DNS root servers, and if
it isn't, add the DNS server used during installation in the
/etc/bind/named.conf.options file.  This way the installation will work
out of the box for both you and me (I test on a closed down network
too).  Any volunteers to try to make this happen?  When the script is
ready, we run it from cfengine.

--
Vennlig hilsen
Petter Reinholdtsen