Re: How to test Debian Edu Jessie using the current ISO (recipe for workarounds)

[Frank Weißer]
> Hi Petter!

Hi. :)

> Today, on 8. Linux-Informationstag Oldenburg, we rsynced
> ftp.skolelinux.no::cd-edu-testing-nolocal-netinst/debian-edu-amd64-i386-NETINST-1.iso
> and then tried a german tjener/ltsp installation from USB-stick on
> an elder Dell Latitude with 2nd NIC on USB for testing purpose.

Very glad to hear from you and your test experience. :)

> We edited /usr/bin/edu-eatmydata-install before choosing the profile

Editing edu-eatmydata-install should no longer be needed.

> and had to answer the grub-install-question.

And this is bug #712907, which was fixed in grub-installer 1.98 and
reintroduced in version 1.99 to fix bug #763580 instead.

> After reboot NICs again were disordered in
> /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules.

Is this bug #765577 or something else?  Do you have duplicate entries
or incorrect ordering?

> Editing /etc/bind/named.conf.options helped nameserver to work.

Very good. :)

> We could log in with 1st user. With then created 2nd and 3rd one we
> could not. Editing "Password Storage" for these in GOSA from default
> ssha to sha and re-assigning a password helped.

That sound like something new.  Can you provide more details?  How did
you come up with the idea to change Password Storage?  Can you add a
entry in <URL: https://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/Status/Jessie >?

> Hope this will help

Absolutely. :)

--