Re: 15.2.2. Easy access to USB drives and CD-ROMs/DVDs

Hi Dashamir,

On  Sa 15 Okt 2022 21:18:25 CEST, Dashamir Hoxha wrote:

Thanks for your detailed instructions. I may give them a try soon. But I
don't see how SSHFS is exported and mounted.

Dashamir

In X2Go's thinclient, we (I am also X2Go upstream) support sharing of USB flash drives _and_ CD/DVD Roms natively.

If you run X2Go thinclient in display manager mode (X2Go Client comes up in full screen immediately), then this should work out of the box.

If you run X2Go thinclient in minidesktop mode, mounting CD/DVD drives automatically is disabled / not available.

However, you can insert the CD/DVD and see the mount point on the thinclient and then you can forward the mountpoint's path into the X2Go Client session. For this you need to adapt your session profile.

Mike
--

DAS-NETZWERKTEAM
c\o Technik- und Ökologiezentrum Eckernförde

GnuPG Fingerprint: 9BFB AEE8 6C0A A5FF BF22  0782 9AF4 6B30 2577 1B31