Re: Gaia Sky

Hi Mark,

first of all, thanks for your response.

On 31/10/2023 08:32, Mike Gabriel wrote:
Hi Toni,

On  Do 19 Okt 2023 09:01:19 CEST, Toni Sagristà Sellés wrote:\

also a reply from me.

It is always good if Debian package maintainers have a personal interest in the software to be packaged. As you seem to have that, you are probably the first/best candidate to pick up the packaging task for the initial, official Debian upload. Also, count me in as a possible sponsor / coach for getting the packaging of Gaya Sky polished enough for the initial upload.

Does a debian/ folder for the software already exist? How did you create the .deb packages? If the debian/ folder is available, is it published somewhere, e.g. on codeberg.org?

There is currently no debian/ directory. I'm starting to play around with Debian packaging though (generated a template debian/ with dh_make, following https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/dreq.en.html).

I currently create the .deb packages using install4j, which I suspect is not up to standards for our purpose.

I'm working with the little handicap of not being a Debian user myself, but hopefully that won't be a show stopper.

Cheers,
Toni