Re: User Docs for DebianEdu

On Fri, May 12, 2023 at 12:56 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 11:09 PM Dashamir Hoxha <dashohoxha@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd like to inform you that recently we (me, Mike and Holger) submitted a project proposal to Google Season of Docs:
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/funding/gsod/-/blob/main/2023/project-proposal.md

As a follow up, although this project was not sponsored by GSoD, I may still find some time to work on it during the summer.

To get started, we should create these two repos on https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu and give me full access on them:
- docs
- debian-edu.pages.debian.net  (yes, it should be named like this)

According to the salsa docs (https://wiki.debian.org/Salsa/Doc#Web_page_hosting), the content of the first repo will be available on this url: https://debian-edu.pages.debian.net/docs/ , and the content of the second repo (which will be used for the new homepage) will be available on the url: https://debian-edu.pages.debian.net/ (as soon as I push some content to them).

Sorry, I have been busy with other things and couldn't find time for it.
I just started this repo: https://salsa.debian.org/debian-edu/docs (better late than never).

According to the salsa docs, the auto-generated doc pages should be available at this url:
However, what actually happens is that this url is forwarded to a random url.
I don't know why, maybe the salsa maintainers should be asked about this.

I am aware (from past discussions) that not everybody is happy with this documentation approach/toolchain.
I just created this small repo as a seed. If people like it, it will grow over time. Otherwise it will be forgotten and will die. Or it can be removed immediately; I just spent a couple of days with it, not a big deal.

Kind regards,
Dashamir