Re: CAll for standard bastion smtp: ssmtp

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 09:32:17PM +0100, Bernd Eckenfels wrote:
> The ssmtp cannot handle that stuff. SSMTP is only for getting Mail generated
> on the Firewall off to a mail-relay. This will be Mail like Cron Reports,
> Alerts and stuff. A Problem with this software is, that is has no queue. I
> think especially for Alerts and important reports this is a no-go-
>
> Another Solution can be "serialmail" from DJB (qmail). It can be used to make
> mail-queues and flush them to an external host. Then we only need a sendmail
> emulation (like ssmtp provides).

	Humm.. serialmail is Maildir -> SMTP. Why would you want that?
	It would mean installing qmail, and messages go through it's
	queue and then to Maildir which is just a queue for serialmail.
	Only way I see is if you are going to inject messages into the
	Maildir yourself.

	You might as well go with qmail and not install smtpd.

--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam