Re: gcc 3.2.1, debian and TLS ( __thread keyword ) support

On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 05:46:28PM +0000, Loic Jaquemet wrote:
> I search a bit in the gcc CVS, and found that gcc's CVS was patched
> around May 2002
> (
> http://gcc.gnu.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/gcc/gcc/c-common.h?rev=1.137&content-type=text/x-cvsweb-markup
> ) to support(parse at least) this option ?
> I don't find it in debian's gcc 3.2.1ds6 sources .. ( that's should be
> why it doesn't work ;) )
> Am i mistaken ? Is it a bug or a packaging choice or a different branch
> ?

A different branch.  TLS support was added to GCC's main development branch.
The 3.2 branch didn't get it, because the release branches must stay stable,
and changes like TLS tend to be destabilizing.

You can try tracking the gcc-snapshot package, since you're using unstable.

Phil

                                                 - Edsger Dijkstra, 1930-2002