Re: Fortran compiler error?

On Wed, Nov 20, 2002 at 05:11:42PM -0800, Jan Finjord wrote:

> I have a queer problem with the compilation of a 'simple' Fortran
> program, which makes me wonder if it could ever be due to a compiler
> error?

For at least ran3 it's an error in the code.  It's assuming that
variables (specifically INEXT and INEXTP) are being preserved over
function calls.  The crash happens when this doesn't happen, the
variables get very big values and are then used to index into an array.
These variables (and perhaps some others) should be declared with a SAVE
statement or you can build with -fno-automatic as a workaround.

See the section "Variables Assumed To Be Saved" in the GNU Fortran
manual for further details.