Re: pykml packaging

Dear Bus,

Il 18/05/22 08:15, Sebastiaan Couwenberg ha scritto:
debian/control

pykml is a better name for the binary package

See for example:

https://salsa.debian.org/debian-gis-team/python-stetl/-/blob/master/debian/control#L56

`apt install pykml` gets you the executables and library which is more intuitive than `apt install pykml-bin`.

this is now fixed.

debian/rules

Why did you remove PYBUILD_NAME?

Because there are multiple binary packages.
If I set it then I get the following error:

running install_scripts
Installing csv2kml script to /home/antonio/debian/git/build-area/pykml-0.2.0/debian/python3-pykml/usr/bin Installing kml2pykml script to /home/antonio/debian/git/build-area/pykml-0.2.0/debian/python3-pykml/usr/bin Installing validate_kml script to /home/antonio/debian/git/build-area/pykml-0.2.0/debian/python3-pykml/usr/bin
   dh_install -O--buildsystem=pybuild
dh_install: warning: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/lib" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: warning: python3-pykml missing files: usr/lib
dh_install: warning: Cannot find (any matches for) "usr/bin" (tried in ., debian/tmp)

dh_install: warning: pykml missing files: usr/bin
dh_install: error: missing files, aborting
make: *** [debian/rules:7: binary] Error 25
dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules binary subprocess returned exit status 2
debuild: fatal error at line 1182:
dpkg-buildpackage -us -uc -ui -i -I failed
gbp:error: 'debuild -i -I -us -uc' failed: it exited with 29

Is there a better way to do it?

cheers
antonio