Application to join Debian GIS Team

Hi all,

I'd like to join the Debian GIS team, to help with packaging of OpenStreetMap related software in Debian/Ubuntu.

My day job at Geofabrik involves maintaining much of this software in production use (e.g. mod_tile, tile servers etc.). Our approach has worked well, but can be a little non-portable. I would like to contribute back to Debian/FLOSS by ensuring the relevant geo/OSM software easily installed & recent in Debian/Ubuntu. Specifically, I want to improve tirex, mod_tile and other web tile rendering packages.

I'm not a Debian Developer. I've been using Ubuntu (and lately) Debian for ~20 years. However, I am new to proper Debian packaging, and I have a lot to learn. I am always open to tips & help. I have been using bash scripts for a long time. I know my way around that. My debian salsa account is amandasaurus: https://salsa.debian.org/amandasaurus

Is there anything more you need from me?

Thanks. 🙂

--
Amanda