Re: Application to join Debian GIS Team

On 1/26/24 14:21, Amanda McCann wrote:
I'd like to join the Debian GIS team, to help with packaging of OpenStreetMap related software in Debian/Ubuntu.

My day job at Geofabrik involves maintaining much of this software in production use (e.g. mod_tile, tile servers etc.). Our approach has worked well, but can be a little non-portable. I would like to contribute back to Debian/FLOSS by ensuring the relevant geo/OSM software easily installed & recent in Debian/Ubuntu. Specifically, I want to improve tirex, mod_tile and other web tile rendering packages.

Additional hands to help maintain the tirex & libapache-mod-tile packages is certainly welcome. It looks like Felix doesn't have enough time for these packages these days.

I'm not a Debian Developer. I've been using Ubuntu (and lately) Debian for ~20 years. However, I am new to proper Debian packaging, and I have a lot to learn. I am always open to tips & help. I have been using bash scripts for a long time. I know my way around that. My debian salsa account is amandasaurus: https://salsa.debian.org/amandasaurus

I've added you to the team. Be aware that Salsa is undergoing maintenance and is a bit flaky today.

Is there anything more you need from me?

Please familiarize yourself with the team conventions as documented in the team policy, and ensure you're subscribed to both mailinglists:

 https://debian-gis-team.pages.debian.net/

Kind Regards,

Bas

--