Re: Is the #debian-golang OFTC IRC channel private?

Hi Brian,

On 6/27/22 8:58 PM, Brian Thompson wrote:> Thank you for your responses.  It looks like someone added me to the channel 5
minutes ago.  I think it's an Element GUI bug.  I can't find it in the HexChat
search either but it can be joined with "/j #debian-golang".  Now I remember why
I prefer HexChat to Element.

For element: The way to join is to join with roomname: #_oftc_#debian-golang:matrix.org
or via matrix.to link[1]
And yes, you are right, element/matrix is/has always been sloppy wrt to finding the rooms so it becomes
more straight-forward to join via URL/explicitly typing in the name.

[1]: https://matrix.to/#/#_oftc_#debian-golang:matrix.org

--
Best,
Nilesh