Re: Request to join Salsa group

On Fri, Dec 29, 2023 at 04:09:17PM +0100, Simon Josefsson wrote:
> Nilesh Patra <nilesh-8fiUuRrzOP0dnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org> writes:
>
> > SGTM. Please rename the repository accordingly.
>
> Right.  I have pushed ssh3 here:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-francoismichel-ssh3

Since this is supposed to be a binary package and not a library one, it should
be renamed to just ssh3

> I don't understand the CI/CD pipeline, it seems different from "normal"
> Salsa pipeline.

This is because (as you may have already noticed) go packages have tight
versioning dependencies so this is to ensure things do not break.

More rationale here: https://lists.debian.org/debian-go/2021/10/msg00032.html

> Until golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt-v5 and
> golang-github-kevinburke-ssh-config >> 1.2.0 is in Debian, ssh3 need
> extra APT pools for dependencies.  Is something like this possible in
> the golang Salsa CI/CD?
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/jas/ssh3/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/salsa-ci.yml

The CI is using:

	https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-francoismichel-ssh3/-/blob/debian/sid/debian/gitlab-ci.yml?ref_type=heads

You can hack around it I guess.

> > The package name as per dh-make-golang should be "golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt"
> > so probably the existing package should be updated to v5 and transitioned properly.
> >
> > But it is fine anyway to have a -v5 for now, similar to golang-github-russross-blackfriday-v2-dev
> > and golang-github-russross-blackfriday-dev.
>
> This seems like a common pattern where multiple APIs are required to
> co-exist, see
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-coreos-go-oidc-v3
> https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/golang-github-coreos-go-oidc
>
> I have pushed jwt-v5 here:
>
> https://salsa.debian.org/go-team/packages/golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt-v5
>
> Not sure I understand why "golang" is repeated but this matches the
> existing golang-github-golang-jwt-jwt.

It is a naming convention, based off import-path. You might want to give this
section (or maybe the whole policy) a quick read

	https://go-team.pages.debian.net/packaging.html#_naming_conventions

HTH.

Best,
Nilesh