Re: Gnome 2 summary 27/06/2002

<quote who="Joe Drew">

> BTW: Why would file-roller be so important to G2D, and how would its
> prescence or lack thereof affect things?

Dude. It was an example of the kinds of issues Debian users will be up
against if G2 software (as opposed to desktop components) starts replacing
G1 stuff. It's still a problem. I'm not sure you understand my point.

As it is, I see gnome-terminal has now been upgraded to gnome-terminal2,
which makes this discussion almost moot, and pretty much fucks up any chance
of a sane migration.

I did try to warn you. :-)

- Jeff

--
  "If you want to start a debate on a subject, however, all that seems to
     be necessary is to involve perennial target Richard Gooch." - LWN