Re: GNOME-2 transition: a first complaint

On Sat, Jun 29, 2002 at 05:24:57PM +0200, Christian Marillat scribbled:

> > User. For me, personally, all those changes look a bit backwards - that's
> > why my question, is there any plan to restore, or at least provide in some
> > other means, the old configuration capabilities of both Sawfish and GNOME?
>
> Read bellow :-)))))))))
Oh well... :) He sounds a bit bitter and disappointed... Although I don't
fully agree with what he wrote, I guess there's nothing to do but to accept
the decision. As long as the options are settable anywhere, I'm fine with it
:)). Hmm, another question has just popped up in my mind. Looking at the
lack of the window manager configuration applet in the control panel and
reading some messages here and there I've gotten the impression that GNOME
is aiming at tight window manager integration with the desktop (kind of the
KDE one) - is that true or is it just my (incorrect) impression?

greetings,

marek