Re: Remote AR-Cluster radio outlet using AXIP/UDP interface as spot source

On Sun, Jul 21, 2002 at 11:48:00AM -0500, Ron Stordahl wrote:
> I have provided quite a detailed explanation of this on my web site at
> http://dxspots.com.
>
> While my current (4 of them) remote outlets are all running Windows 98 or
> later with the BPQ32 freeware, I do know that Linux AX25 utilities are
> compatible with the UDP protocol (port 10093) which I am using.  I run AXUPD
> rather than AXIP (IP protocol 93) because the lack of port number in IP
> protocol 93 presents routing problems behind home routers (they won't do
> it!).
>
> I am not currently sufficiently familar with Linux to set up a remote site
> using it and the AX25 utilities, so if someone here is interested in doing
> so I will work with you to set up the links, for a real remote radio outlet,
> or just for a test.
>
> Ron N5IN  (at arrl.net)

I'm not familiar with BPQ32 (I did briefly run an 8-bit BPQ node many
eons ago), but this is not really necessary with Linux.  I am running a
DXSpider node here and am getting spots from VE7CC, who is running
AR-Cluster with simply a telnet connection.  I have done this with and
without a router/NAT masquerade box in the loop.  As far as I know,
VE7CC is running the SV2AGW packet engine, not BPQ32.  Or am I missing
the problem here?

73, Bob N7XY

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          n7xy@n7xy.net