Re: Sponsorship Request

On Mon, Sep 23, 2019 at 12:35:11PM -0400, Tim K wrote:
>    Paul, Tony, et al:
>
>    I've just got the debian package for liquid-dsp 1.3.2 building on my local
>    machine with a small test program I wrote. (It demodulates APRS packets!
>    I'm having a friendly competition with direwolf.)
>
>    I forked the repo on salsa to track my work, and submitted a merge request
>    per your instructions. (I hope it's ok to do development work on salsa
>    like this!) I documented my workflow, and added some questions and points
>    that I need guidence on. I'll await feedback from wherever it comes --
>    salsa, or the mailing list.
>
>    Merge Request in Salsa:
>
>    [1]https://salsa.debian.org/debian-hamradio-team/liquid-dsp/merge_requests/1
>
>    Thanks,
>    - Tim

Hey Tim!

I looked it over; the bulk of the work looks good, I did have trouble
with the patch, I left a comment with the patch I was able to get
working locally.

The symbols looked to have changed a bit - but most of them look like
renames or hiding internal symbols. I don't see anything that looks
*super* bad, but you're /strictly/ right, that this ought ot be a major
version bump.

I do however think it's pretty minor, so maybe after we check r-deps and
confirm that nothing uses those symbols we can get away without a soname
bump. I think that's a call aeb should make, though.

I didn't cc Andreas, since I think he's on this list and should
hopefully see this traffic when he gets around to it!

Thanks for your MR!
  paultag KC3NWJ