Re: Fwd: Re: mediawiki2latex-7.2

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:02:10AM +0100, Georges Khaznadar wrote:
> Colin Watson a écrit :
> > the next time Joachim runs his script it should notice that
> > libghc-certificate-dev is uninstallable and schedule a binNMU of
> > haskell-certificate on the affected architectures.  Once everything is
> > installable then mediawiki2latex will automatically be scheduled for
> > building.  Just leave it alone until then.
>
> I am still a little puzzle, because libghc-certificate-dev is
> installable when I run "apt-get install libghc-certificate-dev", after a
> "pbuilder login".

libghc-certificate-dev shows as uninstallable for me in an up-to-date
unstable-i386 schroot instance, as expected.

  (sid-i386)root@amber:/home/cjwatson# apt-get install libghc-certificate-dev
  Reading package lists... Done
  Building dependency tree
  Reading state information... Done
  or been moved out of Incoming.

   libghc-certificate-dev : Depends: libghc-pem-dev-0.1.2-62e18 but it is not installable

> The dependency on the virtual package is solved in the
> right way when I use apt-get. So Joachim should not notice that
> libghc-certificate-dev is uninstallable if his script is based on
> "apt-get". The problem seems to take its origin in the system used by
> "pbulder build" to retrieve the tree of dependencies, probably when
> "Creating pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy package", or just after that
> step, when pbuilder checks the consistency of that tree. I attach the
> file mediawiki2latex_7.2-1_amd64.build which I got when I have lat
> "pbuilder build" try to create the package mediawiki2latex.

There you go, you're clearly testing on amd64.  Haskell packages tend to
be installable on amd64 first because of the way the team normally
uploads.  If you want to reproduce these problems you need to be testing
on the right architecture.

> So I guess that the key for that issue may be to patch pbuilder in order
> to let him solve the dependencies consistently.

No, this isn't a problem with the tools at all.  The packages in
question are *genuinely* uninstallable in unstable right now, at least
if you're looking on the correct architectures.

Cheers,