Re: Haskell transition (LTS 21.16)

Hi Ilias (and cc'ing Debian Haskell Group),

Quoting Ilias Tsitsimpis (2023-11-01 14:47:00)
> Hi Jonas,
>
> We are currently working on a Haskell transition (we are targeting
> Stackage LTS 21.16) and as part of that, the following packages need
> an update:
>
> * haskell-hsyaml needs an update to 0.2.1.2
> * haskell-intern needs an update to 0.9.5
> * pandoc-sidenote needs a sourceful upload for new haddock interface
> * pandoc needs an update to 3.0.1
>
> I believe all of the build-dependencies should now be available, but I
> have not tested this. The urgent one of course (in order to complete
> this transition) is pandoc.
>
> Can you please try to update pandoc, and let me know if there are any
> dependencies missing that we should package as part of the Debian
> Haskell Group? I will try to package them ASAP.

Pandoc has restructured its source to require compilation in multiple
stages.  Packaging is already relatively complex, and I expect handling
multi-staged building with CDBS to become overly complex.

Therefore I have tried - using some of the other far simpler packages as
tests - to move from CDBS to dh-haskell.  But have not yet succeeded in
that.

It would be helpful if someone can point to a Debian package succesfully
packaging a Haskell library using dh-haskell and without CDBS.

 - Jonas

 * Sponsorship: https://ko-fi.com/drjones