Re: Upload needed to fix FTBFS of haskell-yi-core and dependent packages

Hi Ilias,

On Sun, 2023-11-12, at 13:20:28 +0200, Ilias Tsitsimpis wrote:
> Hi Marcel,
>
> On Sat, Oct 28, 2023 at 04:51PM, Marcel Fourné wrote:
> > Hi everybody,
> >
> > since I do not have upload rights, it would be nice if someone could upload my changes to haskell-yi-core and trigger a rebuild for the packages which depend on it.
> > This fixes #1053633, #1054848, and #1053714. The latter two were Debian specific, and dropping our patch solved things, while the former has been fixed upstream by me since March, but I currently can't make new releases for the upstream package, so I have added the patch that is already in the upstream repo.
>
> Thanks for the fixes, I have uploaded them to unstable. Since you
> maintain the upstream packages, please consider adding them to Stackage,
> otherwise we will keep bumping into issues with every upgrade.
> I believe this is the only way to keep them in Debian.

Thank you! That's a good idea, and someone made progress on that, but I currently don't have upload rights for all upstream packages, so will have to investigate this together with getting things to stackage in sync.

> > Please feel free to contact me if things still make problems and I'd be happy to help! :)
>
> Please take a look at haskell-yi-frontend-vty. It currently FTBFS.

Timing! I just sent an email about that. :D

Cheers

--
Marcel(le) FOURNÉ

Please note that I honour and respect boundaries around personal
time, well-being, care-taking and the rest.
Should you receive correspondence from me during a time that you're
engaging in any of the above, please protect your time and wait to
respond until you're next working or in front of a PC.
Prioritize joy and not e-mail when and where you can.