Re: Is it possible to update pandoc, please?

On Mon, 1 Jan 2024, Renzo Davoli wrote:

Dear debian-haskell maintainers,

		 The latest Debian SID package is v. 3.0.1 while pandoc upstream has already
released 3.1.11.

I am using pandoc to generate man pages in several projects (and Debian packages).
https://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=virtualsquare%40cs.unibo.it

Unfortunately man pages created by pandoc < 3.1.7 are incompatible with
latest groff.
See: https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/9020

Lintian complaints for man pages generated by pandoc < 3.1.7.

Have you planned to upgrade pandoc any time soon?

The Haskell Team generally tracks a Stackage LTS release. Currently, we are tracking LTS 21.16, which contains (haskell-)pandoc 3.0.1. Since haskell-pandoc is close to a leaf package, it should likely be possible to update it without breaking anything else. I'll take a look at updating it.

@Jonas, what coordination is needed with you / src:pandoc, since you seem to be keeping the versions aligned - do we need to let you know ahead of time, or just do it and let you know?

Scott