Re: Please test build of current bigloo on hppa

On Fri, Jul 19, 2002 at 08:44:35PM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> In reference to a message from Yann Dirson, dated Jul 20:
> >
> > There is an FTBFS bug open on bigloo for hppa, but I don't know if it still
> > applies.  Most FTBFS for other archs have been addressed - it would be good
> > to have autobuilder logs for the latest source.
>
> it is dying while trying to build the libgc in the source. Why does
> bigloo use it's own copy instead of a standard copy of libgc? We've only
> recently got libgc to work on hppa.

It's a specially tuned version, for performance.  I still have to see with
the libgc maintainer how we could do things better, but I'm not really sure
it would be easy.  At least the direct outcome would be that porting work
would not have to be done twice...

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: