Re: Binutils on sarti ?

On Mon, Jun 02, 2003 at 09:00:39AM -0700, Randolph Chung wrote:
> > Looking at when the package was installed (in case it would have been
> > downgraded because of a new bug), I notice that the timestamp is quite
> > strange indeed:
> >
> > dirson@sarti:~$ ls -l /var/lib/dpkg/info/binutils.list
> > -rw-r--r--    1 root     root         3981 May 15  2002 /var/lib/dpkg/info/binutils.list
>
> packages are built inside a chroot, so you are not looking in the right
> place.
>
> the buildd db shows the package as built successfully and uploaded..

Are you talking about binutils itself, or about the tulip and bigloo
packages ?  The latter both show "undefined symbols" errors in the
latest build log, although they are tagged "maybe successful".  I've
understood Lamont scheduled their rebuilt a couple of days ago, but
that did not occur yet, so I'm wondering whether all is going as
expected...

Especially, I'm waiting for those to build successfully to send a
patch upstream to tulip maintainer, because I had to patch for HPPA,
and bigloo upstream is waiting for feedback on HPPA (and a bugfix on
m68k) to finalize the current release.

Regards,
--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?