HP and Debian

I have a brief question about HP and Debian. I thought until recently that Debian was HP's preferred Linux distribution, but I read recently that HP have signed some agreement with RedHat. I also read that long time advocate of Debian Bruce Perens no longer works for hp.

I know that some HP Unix/Linux guys read this list. so my question is has Debian been confined to the backwaters of HP Linux development in favour of Redhat? can we expect the hardware documents locked in the vaults of HP to be scrubbed and released for open source developers to construct drivers for HP specific hardware?

In other words is the love affair over?

regards

Elliot

Find a cheaper internet access deal - choose one to suit you. http://www.msn.co.uk/internetaccess