Re: native-install

Marcus Brinkmann <Marcus.Brinkmann@ruhr-uni-bochum.de> writes:
> On Thu, Jan 27, 2000 at 10:19:55AM -0500, Derek L Davies wrote:
> > So, how restartable is native-install?  In
> > other words, should I start all over again, this time insuring the
> > existance of a reasonable /usr/info/dir before running native-install
> > for the first time or is it o.k. to just create the file and rerun
> > native-install?
>
> I don't think it will create harm rerunning it, but it might not run through
> succesfully, as now translators are active and someties don't want to be
> changed, so causing an error. Just run dpkg twice as above, and edit
> /etc/fstab. Most of the job is alreadz done when dpkg is started, so there
> is hardly the need to rerun from start.

Actually, I did rerun it and it worked better - I didn't have to touch
dir since grub had created it.  I didn't have problems with active
translators, which surprised me.

It did have problems both times when attempting to create fstab, but I
was able to create that by hand and things are running pretty well
now.

Thanks for all the hard work you've done Marcus!