Re: Dvorak keymap

Tomasz Wegrzanowski <maniek@beer.com> writes:

> Why keyboard is controlled in kernel-space, if Mach is microkernel ?
> Shouldn't data-stream be redirected from keyboard to userspace etc.

It can be redirected to user space and read from the "kbd"
device.  <http://stekt.oulu.fi/~tosi/gnu/colortext-0.3.tar.gz>
includes some test programs for this feature.  After releasing
0.3, I've begun adding keymap support in the colortext program
itself, but that isn't complete.

The current GNUmach can't send 0xE0 scancodes to user space.
<http://bugs.debian.org/47948> contains a patch for that.

> Maybe not raw, but translated to :
> pressed key nr 66
> relased key nr 27

The data format is struct kd_event in gnumach/i386/i386at/kd.h
(which is not installed in /include).