Re: Using settrans to ftp

Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 19, 2000 at 03:35:44PM +0000, Abdul Aziz wrote:
> > Hi everyone. I would like to use (if possible) settrans to download
> > stuff. I'm using my Linux box as the gateway to my ISP. I have got the
> > eth0 in Hurd running OK - I can ftp from Hurd to Linux box and other way
> > round.
> > Is it something like:
> > settrans  /ftp  /hurd/mux  /hurd/ftpfs  [gateway address]  ?
> >
> > I've read the little info I could find about settrans, and managed to
> > settrans a CD and /linux on another partition, but can't get anywhere
> > with this. (I tried the -c option as well).
>
> settrans -c /ftp /hurd/ftpfs ftp.debian.org:/
>
> or
>
> settrans -c /ftp /hurd/ftpfs ftp.debian.org:/debian/dists/unstable/main
>
> or
>
> settrans -c /ftp /hurd/hostmux /hurd/ftpfs ${host}:/
> ls /ftp/ftp.debian.org

Thanks, Marcus.
First try I got - translator died.
Second try - loads of:
default pager: dropping date_request of previous paging errors...

After a reboot, I had to manually run fsck - but seems OK now. Don't
know if this is significant but in Anacron job cron.daily mail for today
I found:

/etc/cron.daily/find exited with return code 127:
find: /dev/tty: Device not configured
find: /servers/socket/2: operation not supported

Before, and after ( just now) I can telnet and ftp (to Linux box) OK.
Perhaps a problem somewhere I need to sort out?
Thanks for help.