Re: New user install report

On Thu, 2 Mar 2000, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 03, 2000 at 07:02:39AM +1000, Jason Henry Parker wrote:
> >  * I needed to remove modules/gconv from the list of optional packages
> >    to install in cross-install;
> Well, cross-install was indeed badly out of date, I will upload a new
> version in a few minutes. Sorry for any inconvenience.

No problem; with all my false starts I had to expect some hiccups.
I only wanted to be sure others wouldn't have to sweat the load like
I did.  :)

> No, configuring base-files creates the directory. This is the reason why
> there are actually two runs of dpkg --configure --pending.

Perhaps it would be easier for cross-install to run a topological
sort on the packages installed, and write that to a script read by
native-install? Then users could isntall whatever they want, and
native-install would Do The Right Thing.  Since the ordering would
happen under GNU/Linux or some other helper system, it should be
easy.  Probably the sort would require a Packages file from the
debian mirror (which would have to be up-to-date wrt to the
downloaded debs, of course).

jason
--
[It] seems to me the life of a middle aged male is a race between
hair falling out of its own accord and getting ripped out over stress